Monday 19 December 2011

My own little Christmas tradition...

Sticking with the Christmas theme, I'm going to talk traditions. My brother loves to take me and my sisters on a Christmas Lights drive in his old XY (very cool, classic car) on Christmas Eve. This is one that we don't always get to do, but when we do, it's very fun filled and sentimental. My siblings are my closest friends, so this is a really special little outing; some time just for us. Another of our family traditions is that our quite large family always have Christmas morning together, accompanied with a massive breakfast. Ever since I can remember, we have always been allowed to open ONE present before breakfast, just to get ourselves excited for the following craziness which is choosing a "Santa" and having our presents given out to us over a course of an hour or so. Needless to say, this is very loud and very messy... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am getting pretty excited to watch "Meet Me in St. Louis", which I am slowly making my own little Christmas tradition.This is definitely one that I will want my husband (get excited, honey) and children to partake in. Lewis didn't do a great job of joining in last year, and I had to have a solo viewing, however he is definitely not getting out of it this year. This is the start of my own traditions, ones that I will continue to start as our life together begins.

This is a terribly beautiful scene from the movie, and one of my favourite Christmas songs. Isn't Judy divine. I love the red hair, red lipstick and deep red, velvet dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment