Monday 21 November 2011

Someday we'll meet in Capri, my love.

Even though I haven't been blogging for the entire time that I have been engaged and so have not shared with you the whole saga, it has still been quite a journey - quite a year. As my last few days as an unmarried person come to a close, I have a huge mix of emotions that I am not even going to begin to bore you with. All except this.

In one of my first blog posts I started my "Wedding Countdown", and in this countdown I mentioned how the whole wedding planning experience has definitely not been the most stress-free ordeal. In fact, it has been so much more stressful than I ever thought it would be. I down-play the excitement of it all, not because I am not excited, but because right now all I can think about is getting the last of our jobs done, and the huge amount of cooking and preparing we have ahead (this is what deciding to "self and family cater" your afternoon high tea will incur).

What rings true, beyond all the stress and worry, is that I am marrying the one person who is my most perfect match, and of this, I am certain. Lewis is the best person I know; the most kind and generous, funny, witty and charming, selfless and steadfast. He is terribly clever, crazy emotional, desperately handsome, and a killer on the dance floor (funny how a pre-requisite for your perfect partner is one that you didn't really know was a pre-requisite!!). We - him and I - are a team, a unit, a family. He is my first priority in all that I do and decide and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I am his. To be married to him is my greatest wish, and I am so amazed that it took me so long to realise it.

So it is with this that I push aside all the stress and focus on him, and count down the very last days...

Four days until The Wedding.



No comments:

Post a Comment